Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Pushing the Limits Push-up challenge!

I have a love/hate relationship with push ups! I love them because I know they tone the core, arms, chest, and back. I know push-ups are very effective and make you super strong. I hate them because they have always been so hard for me. They're very uncomfortable. Even more of a reason I need to do them. When it comes to working out...

Hard=good. Hard=results

I'm always up for a good challenge. Anything that motivates me. So when RunningBetty challenged me to to 100 push-ups by the end of July, I was scared and eager! Yeah! So fun. This is how it works:

Run DMT and RunningBetty have teamed up to present their readers with the ultimate challenge. During the month of July, they're Pushing the Limits with their Push-up Challenge! With the help of hundredpushups.com, this goal will be achieved. 

Are you up for the challenge? Sign up here. Help spread the word. Grab the push up challenge button. And get involved! This is going to be fun!

*I just did the initial test. I did 30 girl push ups. Rank 4. Hmmm??? Does that count? should I be doing the standard "boy" push ups? I'll check into that :)

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining up!!
    If you start with 30 girl pushups or "knee pushups", you should progress to 100 knee pushups. If you want to progress to 100 standard pushups, you should do your test with standard pushups and build upon that. Remember, the program is really for 6 weeks, and July is shorter than that, so you may find once you can do 100 knee pushups you can easily do 15 standard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've joined too, I haven't done the test yet but it will girl press ups! I've had Carpal Tunnel syndrome in my wrists so they're quite weak so hopefully this will help to build up the strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found your blog and I think it is great. I look forward to checking back in. I am a mommy (5 and 7 year old) and I like to run too. I will be running my first 10K this Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um, *about to pass out* I just had to see how many I could do. *gasping for air*

    Verdict: 15 regular ones.

    My arms aren't as buff as I thought from carrying Parker around! ;)

    Now I'm pumped and gonna go do some more. I already worked out this morning - I'm gonna be feeling it tomorrow! Actually *feels arms* maybe by this afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so going to join in on this fun. What a fun motivator:) I will be doing the girlie push-up too but I'll be excited to see how many full push-ups I can do in a month from now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whew! I just did my initial test---25 (and shaking on the last one) I am going to do the 200 sit up challenge too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez- 100 push-ups, yowza! That's intense.... good for you! -e

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so need to start doing pushups and crunches again. Have been avoiding it but it is really time to start. Thanks for the motivation!

    ReplyDelete